Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) today reported earnings of $5.4 billion ($2.77 per share – diluted) for the second quarter 2013, compared with $7.2 billion ($3.66 per share – diluted) in the 2012 second quarter.
Sales and other operating revenues in the second quarter 2013 were $55 billion, compared to $60 billion in the year-ago period.
|Three Months||Six Months|
|Ended June 30||Ended June 30|
|Millions of dollars||2013||2012||2013||2012|
|Earnings by Business Segment|
(1) Includes foreign currency effects
(2) Net income attributable to Chevron Corporation (See Attachment 1)
“Our second quarter earnings were down from the very strong level of a year ago,” said Chairman and CEO John Watson. “The decrease was largely due to softer market conditions for crude oil and refined products. Earnings were also reduced as a result of repair and maintenance activities in our U.S. refineries.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts