TULSA, Okla., Aug. 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rose Rock Midstream, L.P. (NYSE:RRMS) today announced that it has executed a definitive agreement to acquire the assets of Barcas Field Services LLC, which owns and operates a crude oil trucking fleet, for $47 million. Approximately 140 employees of Barcas Field Services will join Rose Rock at the close of the transaction. Closing is expected during the third quarter of 2013 and is subject to customary closing conditions.
- 114 trucks, 120 trailers and miscellaneous equipment, operating in Colorado, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Wyoming, North Dakota, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas; and
- Long-term take-or-pay customer transportation agreement.
"Trucking is a key component of crude oil transportation, serving as a mobile extension of fixed pipeline gathering systems," said Norm Szydlowski, chief executive officer of Rose Rock Midstream's general partner. "This purchase expands our scale in highly attractive areas with strong producer activity and we are excited about the synergy it creates for Rose Rock."The company will be hosting its second quarter earnings call August 9, 2013. Interested parties are invited to listen to the call with management regarding this acquisition and second quarter 2013 results at 11:00 AM Eastern by dialing 877.359.3652 (International 720.545.0014), passcode 10053658 or by logging on to the webcast at ir.semgroupcorp.com. About Rose Rock Midstream Rose Rock Midstream, L.P. (NYSE:RRMS) is a growth-oriented Delaware limited partnership formed by SemGroup® Corporation (NYSE:SEMG) to own, operate, develop and acquire a diversified portfolio of midstream energy assets. Rose Rock Midstream provides crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and marketing services. Headquartered in Tulsa, OK, Rose Rock Midstream has operations in six states with the majority of its assets strategically located in or connected to the Cushing, Oklahoma crude oil marketing hub. Forward-Looking Statements Certain matters contained in this Press Release include "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. We make these forward-looking statements in reliance on the safe harbor protections provided under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV