- Cowen Group, Inc. reported second quarter 2013 economic income of $1.5 million compared to an economic loss of $6.0 million in the prior year period.
- Second quarter 2013 revenue rose 22% year over year to $81.1 million.
- The broker-dealer segment reported its highest quarterly revenue since the Cowen / Ramius business combination in 2009. Second quarter 2013 revenue was $58.8 million, (2) a $16.6 million increase from the year ago period.
- Brokerage revenue of $33.3 million was its highest quarterly revenue since the second quarter 2009.
- Investment banking revenue improved to $25.6 million, the highest level since the second quarter 2007.
- Assets under management at July 1, 2013 were $9.0 billion. AUM increased by $110 million during the quarter and is up $970 million since January 1, 2013.
- Fixed non compensation expense declined 3% year over year to $23.8 million. These figures reflect the first full quarter of Dahlman Rose in second quarter 2013 results.
- The second quarter 2013 increase in variable non compensation expense reflects the growth in total revenue. Variable non compensation expense was $8.6 million, an increase of $1.4 million year over year.
- Second quarter 2013 compensation to revenue ratio was 59% compared to 63% in the prior year period.____________________________________________________________________________________________________ (1) All financial highlights are presented on an Economic Income basis. (2) Includes broker-dealer segment's allocation of Investment Income (Loss) and Other Revenue.
Cowen Group, Inc. Announces 2013 Second Quarter Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.