Public Storage (PSA) ($161.28) beat EPS estimates by 6 cents earning $1.83 a share. This stock is categorized as a REIT-equity Trust in the finance sector. I have read that nonpayment of monthly rent of storage units is on the rise, and that after the grace period ends the storage facility owner auctions off the contents of defaulted units sight unseen by the bidders. For the stock, my annual value level is $149.89 with monthly and quarterly risky levels at $168.47 and $168.55.
Vulcan Materials (VMC) ($49.68) missed EPS estimates by a penny earning 13 cents. This construction stock set a reaction high at $50.78 on Aug. 1, which was a failed test of the 50-day SMA at $50.80. My semiannual, monthly and quarterly pivots are $47.42, $48.82 and $49.74.
Exxon Mobil (XOM) ($92.73) missed EPS estimates by 34 cents earning $1.55. My quarterly value level is $91.62 was tested at the Aug. 1 low at $91.25 with the close above the 50-day SMA at $91.94. My monthly pivot is $92.64 with an annual risky level at $105.52.
Here are three potash stocks that were taken to the woodshed this week:Intrepid Potash (IPI) ($13.07) plunged from $19.44 on July 29 to $12.04 on Aug. 1. The stock began the week with a sell rating and has been upgraded to hold this morning. My quarterly value level is $10.66 with a monthly risky level at $15.36. Mosaic (MOS) ($41.88) plunged from $53.21 on July 29 to $39.95 on July 30. The stock has a hold rating with a quarterly value level is $41.36 and weekly risky level at $49.82. Potash of Saskatchewan (POT) ($29.48) plunged from $37.90 on July 29 to $28.85 on Aug. 1. The stock has a hold rating with a quarterly value level is $26.01 and monthly risky level at $37.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV