- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 24 percent increased staffing while 24 percent decreased staffing and 52 percent maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: Small business owners have the labor needed to meet existing demand, and until the consumer can re-enter the marketplace in terms of spending, we will continue to be stuck in a slow growth mode from a jobs perspective.
- What to watch: Small business owners continue to operate with a skeptical eye for the future. They’re unwilling or unable to make investments that will support economic growth as they see no clear fiscal policy direction. In addition, they are not able to point to macro economic factors that would indicate greater demand in the future.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Reveals Second Monthly Decline
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.