Pfizer (PFE) ($29.11) beat EPS estimates by 2 cents earning 56 cents a share. The stock traded up to $30.42 on July 30 then faded. My semiannual value level is $28.62 with a new monthly risky level at $30.84.
United States Steel (X) ($17.35) beat EPS estimates by 27 cents with a loss of 54 cents a share. The stock ended July 30 below its 50-day SMA at $17.96. My new monthly value level is $17.16 with a weekly risky level at $18.34.
On July 29 I wrote, MasterCard, Hess, Whole Foods Earnings Preview, and here's how the eight performed since then.
Con-Way (CNW) ($45.79) beat EPS estimates by 8 cents earning 67 cents a share. This trucking stock popped to $46.07 on August 1 setting a new multi-year high above semiannual and monthly pivots at $41.77 and $43.74.Curtiss-Wright (CW) ($43.68) beat EPS estimates by 4 cents earning 70 cents a share. The aerospace stock spiked to $43.76 on August 1 setting a new multi-year high. My annual pivot is $41.19 with an annual risky level at $46.51. Delphi Automotive (DLPH) ($55.43) beat EPS estimates by 11 cents earning $1.24 a share. The auto-tire-truck stock slipped to $53.26 on July 31 then rebounded to a new multi-year high at $55.90 on August 1 with my new monthly risky level at $58.52. Garmin (GRMN) ($39.94) beat EPS estimates by 11 cents earning 76 cents a share. The provider of navigating devices popped to $40.25 on August 1 vs. my quarterly risky level at $43.58. Hess (HES) ($76.04) beat EPS estimates by 10 cents earning $1.51 a share. The oils-energy stock traded up to a new multi-year high at $76.34 on August 1 with my new monthly risky level at $86.66. Humana (HUM) ($91.31) beat EPS estimates by 17 cents earning $2.63 a share. The medical sector stock set a 2013 high at $92.74 on July 31. Thursday's close was between my annual pivots at $89.78 and $91.58.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV