Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Debuts At Lakewood Regional Medical Center
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lakewood Regional Medical Center in Lakewood, CA, has performed its first robotic surgery using the da Vinci Robotic Suite, a $2 million investment that allows state-of-the-art surgical procedures. The da Vinci® Si™ advanced technology benefits patients through smaller incisions that lead to less stress on the body, reduced chances of infection and faster recovery times post-surgery.
"These technological advancements provide surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures," said Jennifer Liu, MD, an urologist who performed the first da Vinci-assisted surgery at Lakewood Regional Medical Center.
The da Vinci OR suite is being used primarily for gynecologic, urologic, thoracic and general surgery procedures, including, but not limited to: prostatectomy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, lobectomy, gallbladder and colorectal surgery.
In addition to improving patient care and safety, the robotic technology system has several unique features designed to provide additional clinical benefits and efficiency in the operating room for physicians using the rapidly emerging technology, including:
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- Excellent visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts