MARIETTA, Ga., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MiMedx Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDXG), an integrated developer, manufacturer and marketer of patent protected regenerative biomaterials and bioimplants processed from human amniotic membrane, announced today that its study "Biological Properties of Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Grafts : Implications for Chronic Wound Healing " has been electronically published in the International Wound Journal. The electronic publication of the study is available at http://mimedx.com/images/pdf/Koob_IWJ_Scientific_Article_12140.pdf. The hard copy is scheduled to be published in the December 2013 edition of the International Wound Journal.
MiMedx's proprietary PURION® processed dehydrated human amnion/chorion tissue allografts (dHACM), specifically, the MiMedx EpiFix® allograft, was the subject of the study. EpiFix® was evaluated for the presence of growth factors, interleukins (ILs) and tissue inhibitors of enzymes that degrade the extracellular matrix, or metalloproteinases. Both in vitro and in vivo experiments were conducted, and it was clearly established that:
- PURION® processed dHACM retains biologically active growth factors and regulatory factors that are at least partially responsible for its clinical effectiveness in wound healing;
- dHACM contains one or more soluble factors that stimulate mesenchymal stem cell migration and recruitment; and
- dHACM is a multifaceted tissue graft that has the potential to positively affect at least four distinct physiological processes: cell proliferation, inflammation, metalloproteinase activity, and recruitment of stem cells – all of which are integral to regenerative wound healing and soft tissue repair.
"As we stated in our previous press release, this research concludes that when applied to a chronic wound, our proprietary PURION® processed EpiFix® allografts act as a 'stem cell magnet.' Essential to the repair of these wounds is the attraction, proliferation and migration of these pivotal regenerative cells to the wound site. The 'stem cell magnet' action of our allografts revitalizes the tissue regeneration," stated Parker H. "Pete" Petit, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV