* Gross Merchandise Volume of $1.7 Billion, a 45% Growth in Local Currencies
* Total Payments Volume of 577.9 Million, a 54% Growth in Local Currencies
* Net Revenues Grew to 112.2 Million, a 38% Growth in Local Currencies* Earnings Per Share During Q2'13 Were $0.67 BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Aug. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MercadoLibre, Inc. (Nasdaq:MELI) ( http://www.mercadolibre.com ), Latin America's leading e-commerce technology company, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. Marcos Galperin, President and Chief Executive Officer of MercadoLibre, Inc., commented, "Our strong performance this quarter validates the strength of our ecosystem and highlights our ability to execute on our strategic initiatives. We continue to focus on improving the user experience on our platform, making it easier for consumers in the region to transition to on-line commerce, reflected in this second consecutive quarter of accelerating growth in sold items. We are pleased with our results thus far, and remain excited about the opportunity ahead of us." Financial Results Summary MercadoLibre reported consolidated net revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2013 of $112.2 million, representing a year-over-year growth of 38.3% in local currencies, and 26.3% in USD. For the three months ended June 30, 2013, gross merchandise volume grew to $1,725.4 million, while total payment volume reached $577.9 million. In local currencies, gross merchandise volume grew 45.0% year-over-year, while payment volume grew 54.2% year-over-year, USD growth was 32.8% and 40.4% respectively. Items sold on MercadoLibre during the second quarter 2013 increased 27.1% to 20.1 million, while total payments transactions through MercadoPago increased 34.7% to 7.4 million. Gross profit for the second quarter of 2013 was $81.1 million. Gross profit margin for the period was 72.3%, down from 73.1% during the second quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV