For the quarter ended June 30, 2013, Activision Blizzard’s GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.28, as compared with $0.16 for the second quarter of 2012. On a non-GAAP basis, the company’s earnings per diluted share were $0.08, as compared with $0.20 for the second quarter of 2012.The company reports results on both a GAAP and a non-GAAP basis. Please refer to the tables at the back of this press release for a reconciliation of the company’s GAAP and non-GAAP results.
- For the first six months of 2013, Activision Blizzard was the #1 third-party publisher in North America and Europe combined.¹
- For the first six months of 2013, Activision Blizzard had the top-two best-selling games in North America and Europe combined, with Activision Publishing’s Skylanders® Giants™ and Call of Duty: Black Ops II .¹
- In both North America and Europe, Activision Publishing’s Skylanders Giants was the #1 best-selling console and hand-held game overall in dollars for the first six months of 2013. ¹
- As of July 31, 2013, the Skylanders franchise has generated, life-to-date, more than $1.5 billion in worldwide retail sales. ¹
- As of June 30, 2013, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft® remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with approximately 7.7 million subscribers.²
- On July 25, 2013, Activision Blizzard announced that it reached an agreement under which the company will acquire approximately 429 million company shares and certain tax attributes from Vivendi, in exchange for approximately $5.83 billion in cash, or $13.60 per share acquired before taking into account any future benefit from these tax attributes. In a related transaction, ASAC II LP, an investment vehicle led by CEO Bobby Kotick and Activision Blizzard Co-Chairman Brian Kelly, will purchase approximately 172 million company shares from Vivendi for approximately $2.34 billion in cash, or $13.60 per share. Following the completion of the transactions, which are expected to close by the end of September 2013, Vivendi will no longer be the majority shareholder, but will retain a stake of approximately 83 million shares, or approximately 12%.
- During the quarter, Activision Blizzard paid a cash dividend of $0.19 per common share, totaling $216 million, to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 20, 2013.
|(in millions, except EPS)||GAAP Outlook||Prior* GAAP Outlook||Non-GAAP Outlook||Prior* Non-GAAP Outlook|