- Net sales for the SMB segment increased by 5.5% in the quarter to $242.2 million, compared to net sales in the second quarter of 2012. Net/com sales had the strongest growth during the quarter due to increased enterprise networking sales. SMB software sales also continue to be strong due to increased demand in security, virtualization, and operating systems software.
- Net sales for the Large Account segment of $196.2 million were relatively level compared to net sales in the second quarter of 2012. Growth in software and video, imaging, and sound sales was offset by declines in storage and net/com products. Commercial sales, which consists of SMB and Large Account sales, increased by 2.8% from the prior year quarter.
- Net sales to government and education customers (Public Sector segment) increased by 2.5% year over year to $118.9 million. Sales to state and local government and educational institutions increased by 11.3% compared to last year. Federal budget constraints led to a 22.2% decrease in federal government sales.
PC Connection, Inc. Reports Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts