3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Services Sector
1. As of noon trading, Directv ( DTV) is down $1.59 (-2.5%) to $61.69 on heavy volume. Thus far, 4.0 million shares of Directv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.80-$62.24 after having opened the day at $60.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.28. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The company engages in acquiring, promoting, selling, and distributing digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. Directv has a market cap of $35.0 billion and is part of the media industry. Shares are up 24.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Directv a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Directv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Directv Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts