Ryman Hospitality Properties (NYSE: RHP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.40%. Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. owns and operates hotels in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 286.46. The average volume for Ryman Hospitality Properties has been 1,346,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ryman Hospitality Properties has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ryman Hospitality Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 792.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.03 million to $53.78 million.
- RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.60 versus $0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.72 versus -$0.60).
- RHP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC is rather low; currently it is at 23.17%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.21% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$46.86 million or 436.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Ryman Hospitality Properties Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts