ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast, a global media and technology company, today announced the launch of its cloud-based interactive television experience, the X1 Platform from Xfinity, in six New Mexico service areas: Albuquerque, Farmington, Las Cruces, Los Alamos, Santa Fe and Silver City.
Unlike any other video service available today, X1 is a cloud-based platform that transforms TV into an interactive and integrated experience. It integrates the largest collection of video with social media features, interactive apps, web content and more in one easy-to-navigate, sleek viewing experience. The launch of X1 is part of Comcast's ongoing and evolving effort to take advantage of its powerful network and IP technology to constantly bring new innovations to market.
"The X1 Platform is a huge leap forward for us and transforms traditional television viewing into an entirely new entertainment experience," said Chris Dunkeson, New Mexico vice president and general manager for Comcast. "X1 uses cloud-based technology to make the TV smarter, richer and more personalized, and allows us to deliver new features to our customers faster than ever."
New X1 features and capabilities available to customers in New Mexico today include:
- Visual, Sleek User Interface: A modern user interface that enables one-click access to programs and a highly visual guide to entertainment options and related information.
- Faster, More Personalized Search and Discovery: A personalized viewing experience with recommendations based on search input and previously watched shows and movies. They also have the ability to search simultaneously across live TV, Xfinity On Demand and DVR recordings – and see the last nine programs watched across all services with a single tap on the remote control.
- In-Home Convenience: The ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house and simultaneously record up to four shows while watching another.
- Social Integration and Customized Apps: An expanding selection of tailored-for-TV apps, including traffic, weather, voicemail, and a sports app to track multiple games at once and check the latest scores, standings and schedules while watching a favorite show. X1 also includes a selection of Web-based apps, including Facebook and Pandora.
In addition, the X1 Remote App lets customers use motions, gestures, and voice commands to control their TVs with their Apple handheld devices. For example, customers can use voice commands to navigate the guide and search for content; swipe their iPhones to page through the interactive TV guide and program personalized short-cuts and favorites ("Quick Links"); and shake their device to pause Xfinity On Demand content.X1 will initially be available to new Xfinity Triple Play customers and will become available to additional customer segments in the future. The X1 Platform is currently available in more than a dozen markets, and Comcast plans to launch the service in all remaining markets by the end of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV