CHICAGO, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines customers who want to enjoy fresh food in flight now have new options available for purchase, as the airline today debuted its Choice Menu "Bistro on Board." The options are available to United Economy customers on most flights scheduled for more than three-and-a-half hours within North America and to and from Central America.
Breakfast Bistro on Board selections include a ham and Swiss baguette; a sweet cheese pastry; and a morning energy selection of a hard-cooked egg, cheese, grapes, a wheat roll and almond butter. The lunch and dinner menu now includes a caprese baguette; a bacon, lettuce and tomato wrap; and a roast beef and cheddar baguette, as well as an Asian-style noodle salad and artisan cheese selection.
In addition, a bistro scramble with eggs, potatoes, ham, bell peppers and cheddar cheese, and a lunch and dinner chicken stir fry are available on Hawaii flights to and from Chicago, Newark, Houston and Washington.
"Our new Choice Menu Bistro on Board offers travelers more of the variety they expect every day, whether on the ground or in the air," said Lynda Coffman, United's vice president of food services. "These new selections are just one piece of the high-quality experience we continue to build for our customers, as we add more of the conveniences they're asking for when they travel."United prepares Bistro on Board items fresh daily. The selections will change seasonally, with new items coming in October, as United provides customers innovative selections made with high-quality ingredients. In keeping with the airline's commitment to sustainability, United wraps the Bistro on Board items in packaging made with environmentally friendly materials. The packaging is also less bulky, which will lead to less waste and a smaller carbon footprint.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV