In a move to give DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) customers the power to check-in and connect with their favorite TV shows, movies and sporting events, DISH incorporated features from GetGlue into its second-screen app for iPad, DISH Explorer. The update is available for immediate download. This integration allows DISH Explorer users to interact with the more than four million GetGlue users. In addition, this marks the first time GetGlue has allowed a third party app access to its media feed.
GetGlue’s media feed tracks real-time activity for approximately 35,000 shows and 50,000 movies and current sporting events. Information within the media feed includes a mix of official and fan-generated programming content including pictures, comments, videos, recaps and tweets.
“DISH has proven to be an innovative developer, and is an ideal fit to be the first to integrate our media feeds,” said Evan Krauss, President of GetGlue. “Now, DISH subscribers can use GetGlue to share what they are watching and consume curated content from GetGlue show feeds directly within Dish Explorer. This will enhance the Dish Explorer app with official and fan-generated multimedia.”
Additionally, GetGlue’s integration with DISH Explorer allows users to earn rewards from various entertainment partners when they check-in to shows. GetGlue check-ins within DISH Explorer can also automatically populate to a user’s Facebook and Twitter feeds.“Social media users regularly check-in to restaurants and venues to show their friends what they’re up to, and the beauty of integrating GetGlue is it takes this concept into the world of television,” said Vivek Khemka, senior vice president of product at DISH. “GetGlue’s inclusion in DISH Explorer fits perfectly with how our customers use the app, to better discover, experience and connect with their favorite programs while also being able to interact with fellow fans of those programs.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV