ZAGG Inc (NASDAQ: ZAGG), a leading mobile device accessories company, today announced the appointment of Jason J. Schwartz as COO effective immediately. Mr. Schwartz will report to Randy Hales, CEO of ZAGG.
“As a former COO in the Sanyo North America group, I understand the necessary procedures that need to be taken in order for a company to thrive, “said Mr. Schwartz. “I look forward to helping ZAGG prosper in both our growth phase and through daily company operations.”
Throughout his career, Mr. Schwartz has successfully held C-level executive positions. Most recently, Mr. Schwartz served as the CEO of a Sanyo North America subsidiary from 2007-2013, a member of the Panasonic Group, a global company with leading energy and environmental technology and products for commercial and consumer use. In addition to his role as CEO, Mr. Schwartz served as the COO for a subsidiary of Sanyo North America from 2007 up until 2012 when the company was sold to Panasonic and other entities. During his time at Sanyo North America, Mr. Schwartz transformed an under-performing corporation into a powerful operating structure attuned to evolving customer and market demands committed to bottom-line performance. Within two years, he reduced operating expenses by 30% and transformed an operating loss into a 15% operating profit. Mr. Schwartz also has a track record of developing processes and procedures to increase overall operational performance of 3rd party manufacturing plants in Asia to improve customer replenishment cycles and reduce inventories.
As the new COO of ZAGG, Mr. Schwartz will be in charge of overseeing the operating disciplines of the company including inventory management, logistics, purchasing, supply-chain, and Asia sourcing, including factory qualification and selection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV