HCA Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HCA) today announced financial and operating results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Key second quarter metrics (all percentage changes compare 2Q 2013 to 2Q 2012 unless noted):
- Revenues increased 4.2 percent to $8.450 billion
- Net income attributable to HCA Holdings, Inc. totaled $423 million, or $0.91 per diluted share
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 7.6 percent to $1.689 billion
- Cash flows from operations totaled $814 million
- Same facility equivalent admissions increased 1.1 percent while same facility admissions increased 1.3 percent
- Same facility revenue per equivalent admission increased 2.9 percent
“We are pleased with the second quarter results, produced through volume growth, increasing acuity and favorable expense management by our operating teams,” stated Richard M. Bracken, HCA Chairman and CEO. “Our operating teams are doing an excellent job providing cost efficient and quality care,” concluded Bracken.
Revenue growth in the second quarter was reflective of increased patient volumes and improved revenue per equivalent admission. Revenue in the second quarter of 2013 increased to $8.450 billion, from $8.112 billion in the second quarter of 2012.Same facility equivalent admissions increased 1.1 percent in the second quarter of 2013 compared to the prior year period, while same facility admissions increased 1.3 percent. On a same facility basis, emergency room visits increased 0.8 percent in the second quarter of 2013, compared to the prior year period. Net income attributable to HCA Holdings, Inc. totaled $423 million, or $0.91 per diluted share, compared to $391 million, or $0.85 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2012. Results for the second quarter of 2013 include gains on sales of facilities of $4 million, compared to losses on sales of facilities of $2 million in the second quarter of 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts