SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the network security company™, today announced SafeSwitch for Sourcefire, a program that enables Sourcefire users to easily switch to the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation security platform. Switching to the Palo Alto Networks platform can benefit Sourcefire customers by delivering a comprehensive network security platform built on a next-generation security engine that protects against all threats independent of application, port, and protocol.
Unlike typical stand-alone IPS systems and legacy firewalls built on stateful inspection technology, the Palo Alto Networks security platform – a combination of next-generation firewall and threat prevention technologies – protects networks both from known threats as well as targeted or custom malware, hacking tools, and command-and-control techniques that enable Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
SafeSwitch for Sourcefire The SafeSwitch program provides step-by-step assistance ranging from the consideration stage to installation of the Palo Alto Networks security platform. Some of the key program elements include:
- Free switching gear – qualified Sourcefire customers considering switching to the Palo Alto Networks platform receive a complimentary Palo Alto Networks PA-200 Firewall to start their technology and migration assessment.
- Switching credit – Sourcefire customers with active maintenance will receive credits on their Sourcefire investment*.
- Switching expertise – Sourcefire customers switching to Palo Alto Networks will benefit from the next-generation security expertise, programs, and tools to ensure a successful migration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV