"I am so fortunate that every day I can wake up and do what I love," said Tammy Tibbetts, founder and president of She's the First. "Although I could have never predicted even five years ago being where I am today, higher education was always a part of my plan and I have devoted my career to helping young women gain access to education. When girls have a solid plan in place with a good foundation, they can dream big and take small steps each day to unlock their unlimited potential."
Merck encourages all women to kick-start a plan for their future at the Plan It Forward section of HerCampus.com, and to ask themselves if their plan includes starting a family. At HerCampus.com, young women can find resources like the Course Creator, which helps them navigate the planning process and consider potential obstacles, next steps, and deadlines. Accompanied by a worksheet to help craft their personal roadmap, young women can leave the site with a better idea of how to chart their course.
Women can learn more about the Pledge and the Plan It Forward campaign by visiting: www.HerCampus.com/PlanItForward.
Survey MethodologyThe survey was conducted online within the United States by GfK on behalf of Merck from September 22 – October 6, 2011 among 700 women aged 18-25.
About She's the First She's the First is a not-for-profit that sponsors girls' education in the developing world, helping them be the first in their families to graduate. In the process, She's the First fosters leadership and self-awareness in young Americans, by inspiring them to lead creative fundraisers and correspond with sponsored students. Their efforts shape a rising generation of well-educated global leaders, future philanthropists, and cross-cultural communicators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV