SGI-110 Clinical Data Presented at EHA for Phase 1 MDS Patients
Second Quarter Royalty Revenue Increased 15% to $16.6 Million
Royalty Revenue Guidance Revised From $55 Million to $63 Million for 2013DUBLIN, Calif., Aug. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASTX) today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. The Company reported a net loss for the 2013 second quarter of $4.2 million, or $0.04 per basic and diluted share, compared with net income of $1.2 million, or $0.01 per basic and diluted share, for the same prior year period. The Company reported a net loss for the six months ended June 30, 2013 of $3.7 million, or $0.04 per basic and diluted share, compared with net income of $5.5 million, or $0.06 per basic and $0.05 per diluted share, for the same prior year period. Highlights
- SGI-110 clinical data was presented at the European Hematology Association (EHA) Annual Meeting for Phase 1 refractory myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) patients. For the 15 patients enrolled an overall 40% response rate was achieved with a median duration of response of 92 days. Additionally, the overall Phase 2 patient accrual was reported to be more than 50% complete, on pace to be completed by year end and scheduled to report on at the upcoming American Society of Hematology (ASH), American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) and American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meetings. Details of the Phase 1 acute myeloid leukemia (AML) data will be presented in an oral session at the European Cancer Congress (ECCO/ESMO) in September 2013.
- ASTX727 was announced to be the next investigational new drug (IND) candidate. ASTX727 will be an oral, hypomethylating agent (HMA) rounding out the epigenetic franchise started by Dacogen® (decitabine) for Injection and SGI-110.
- Preclinical data from AT13387 showed for the first time that front line HSP90 inhibitor combination treatment with targeted therapy delayed the emergence of resistance. Data were presented at the 8 th World Congress of Melanoma.
- Royalty revenue was $16.6 million for the 2013 second quarter compared to $14.4 million for the same prior year period, representing an increase of approximately 15%.
- The Company ended the 2013 second quarter with cash, cash equivalents, and current and non-current marketable securities totaling approximately $134 million, compared to $137 million at March 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV