SAN DIEGO, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) announced that following discussions with the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) division of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, ViroPharma will be discontinuing their Phase 2 study of subcutaneous Cinryze (C1 Esterase Inhibitor [Human]) with recombinant human hyaluronidase (rHuPH20). The discontinuation of the study is a precaution related to the emergence of an unexpected incidence and titer of non-neutralizing anti-rHuPH20 antibodies in a number of patients with the formulation being used in this study. These antibodies have not been associated with any adverse clinical effects.
"Given the profile of this clinical formulation and the time required to enable ViroPharma to move forward with this formulation, we support ViroPharma's business decision," said
Gregory I. Frost, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Halozyme. "We have accumulated a robust data set regarding the clinical use of rHuPH20 across many different programs and indications, and feel confident about the safety profile of the rHuPH20 platform that has emerged from this clinical use and its continued application in our other products and programs around the world."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV