- GAAP revenue of $214.9 million and non-GAAP revenue of $216.2 million
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.59 and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.77
- Operating cash flows of $87.1 million, a 16% increase over the 2012 comparable quarter
- GAAP operating profit margin of 36.5% and non-GAAP operating profit margin of 48.4%
- Repurchased 988,000 shares at an average price of $74.35
PITTSBURGH, Aug. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANSYS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANSS), today announced second quarter 2013 non-GAAP revenue growth of 13% in constant currency. Non-GAAP and GAAP net income increased by 8% and 11%, respectively, while non-GAAP and GAAP diluted earnings per share increased by 7% and 11%, respectively, as compared to Q2 2012. In constant currency, the second quarter results reflect double digit revenue growth in each of ANSYS' three major geographies, as well as in perpetual licenses, maintenance and services.
"Q2 was a very strong quarter for ANSYS with revenues and earnings above the high end of our guidance range. Overall, the business performed well on both the software license and the maintenance and service lines. Our recurring business represented 69% of non-GAAP revenue for the quarter and our non-GAAP operating profit margin was a solid 48.4%. The results reflect a combination of improved execution in targeted areas and a minor improvement in the stability of the general business climate. Consistent with today's general market dynamics and what other enterprise software companies are reporting, we also continued to see mixed sales results globally, particularly in pockets of Europe and the Asia-Pacific region where the uncertain macro-economy has an impact on investment patterns, in spite of positive customer sentiments. During the second quarter, we also took advantage of market conditions and returned capital to our stockholders through the repurchase of almost one million shares," stated Jim Cashman, ANSYS President and Chief Executive Officer.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts