- Revenue Growth of 24% to a Record $1.25 billion
- Organic Revenue Growth for Parts and Services of 13.1%
- Second Quarter 2013 Diluted EPS of $0.25
- Annual Guidance Updated
CHICAGO, Aug. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LKQ Corporation (Nasdaq:LKQ) today reported record revenue for the second quarter of 2013 of $1.25 billion, an increase of 24.4% as compared to $1.01 billion in the second quarter of 2012. Net income for the second quarter of 2013 was $76 million, an increase of 18.3% as compared to $64 million for the same period of 2012. Diluted earnings per share of $0.25 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013 increased 19.0% from $0.21 for the second quarter of 2012. The Company noted that the second quarter of 2013 and 2012 diluted earnings per share included losses totaling $0.01 per share resulting from restructuring and acquisition related expenses, the change in fair value of contingent consideration liabilities, and, in 2013 only, a loss on debt extinguishment. Earnings per share in the second quarter of 2012 also included gains equal to $0.02 per share that resulted from favorable legal settlements.
"Our very strong organic revenue growth of 13.1% for parts and services revenue was driven by improvements across both our segments. We were particularly pleased to see our North American operations report a robust 7.3% parts and services growth, while organic growth in our European operations accelerated to 37.8%," stated Robert L. Wagman, President and Chief Executive Officer of LKQ Corporation. "Our 24% revenue growth translated into growth in EPS of 30% (after adjusting for acquisition related items, our refinancing costs and favorable legal settlements last year) demonstrating the leverage we are achieving with our revenue growth," continued Mr. Wagman.
On a six month year-to-date basis, revenue was $2.45 billion, an increase of 20.1% from $2.04 billion for the comparable period of 2012. Net income for the first six months of 2013 was $160 million, as compared to $145 million for the first half of 2012. Diluted earnings per share was $0.53 for the first six months of 2013, as compared to $0.48 for the comparable period of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV