- In the all-adenocarcinoma population (N=252), the ganetespib combination arm showed improved overall survival, progression-free survival, and response rate compared to the docetaxel arm.
- A statistical interaction test showed that one of the four prospectively-defined stratification factors was strongly predictive of ganetespib activity (p=0.006). Patients with "chemo-sensitive" disease (N=176; 70%) derived substantially greater benefit from ganetespib than patients with "chemo-refractory" disease (N=76; 30%).
- In the chemo-sensitive population, defined as time since diagnosis of advanced disease greater than six months, median overall survival increased from 6.4 to 10.7 months, and the Hazard ratio was 0.61 (1-sided p=0.009), corresponding to a 39% reduction in the risk of death.
- The rate of new lesion formation decreased by 50% in patients treated with ganetespib (Hazard ratio 0.50, p=0.005). This observation is consistent with preclinical and clinical results suggesting ganetespib inhibits the biological pathways that drive angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation) and metastasis (the spread of tumors) in cancer cells.
- Transient, mild-to-moderate diarrhea, manageable with OTC medication, was the most common adverse event observed with ganetespib, consistent with observations from other clinical trials. Other adverse events increased relative to control included mild to moderate anemia and fatigue, as well as an increase in the number of cases of febrile neutropenia.
Synta Provides Clinical Updates And Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.