8. -- American International Group (AIG), the insurance giant, posted a 17% increase in second-quarter net income, declared a 10-cent dividend and said its board approved a share buyback plan of up to $1 billion.
9. -- The International Trade Commission said Thursday it would delay a decision on whether some mobile phones and tablets made by Samsung infringe on Apple's (AAPL) patents, Reuters reported.The decision had been expected on Thursday but was put off until Aug. 9. No reason was given for the delay.
10. -- The U.S. is closing its embassies and consulates throughout the Muslim world on Sunday after receiving an unspecified threat, officials said. The action is being taken out of an "abundance of caution," the officials said. State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf cited information indicating a threat to U.S. facilities overseas and said some diplomatic facilities may stay closed for more than a day.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV