Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) today reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
“Time Warner Cable continues to build significant shareholder value by investing in rapidly expanding Business Services and by revitalizing our Residential Services operations,” said Glenn Britt, Chairman and CEO. “I am pleased with our progress in operations and expect to see the benefits in the second half of the year and in 2014.”
|SELECTED FINANCIAL RESULTS|
|(in millions, except per share data;||2nd Quarter||Year-to-Date 6/30|
|Adjusted OIBDA (a)||$||2,037||$||2,011||$||26||1.3||%||$||3,949||$||3,884||$||65||1.7||%|
|Diluted EPS (b)||$||1.64||$||1.43||$||0.21||14.7||%||$||2.98||$||2.63||$||0.35||13.3||%|
|Adjusted Diluted EPS (a)||$||1.69||$||1.48||$||0.21||14.2||%||$||3.10||$||2.78||$||0.32||11.5||%|
|Cash provided by operating activities||$||1,551||$||1,537||$||14||0.9||%||$||2,945||$||2,920||$||25||0.9||%|
|Free Cash Flow (a)||$||732||$||824||$||(92||)||(11.2||%)||$||1,393||$||1,542||$||(149||)||(9.7||%)|
|Return of capital (c)||$||829||$||617||$||212||34.4||%||$||1,684||$||1,149||$||535||46.6||%|
|(a)||Refer to Note 3 to the accompanying consolidated financial statements for definitions of Adjusted OIBDA, Adjusted Diluted EPS and Free Cash Flow and below for reconciliations.|
|(b)||Diluted EPS represents net income per diluted common share attributable to TWC common shareholders.|
|(c)||Return of capital represents dividends paid and share repurchases and does not reflect the fees, commissions or other costs associated with the stock repurchase program.|
- Total Company revenue grew 2.7% year over year, driven primarily by growth of 21.8% in business services revenue and 12.5% in residential high-speed data revenue.
- Average monthly revenue per residential customer relationship (ARPU) grew 1.2% to $105.21.
- Capital expenditures in the first half totaled $1.6 billion, consistent with the Company’s plans for full-year capital spending of $3.2 billion.
- In the second quarter, Time Warner Cable repurchased 6.6 million shares of its common stock, bringing total repurchases since program inception to more than 81 million shares. In the first half of 2013, the Company returned more than 120% of Free Cash Flow to shareholders.
- Free Cash Flow in the first half of 2013 was $1.4 billion. The Company is raising its expectation for full-year Free Cash Flow to approximately $2.5 billion.
- Residential wideband high-speed data subscribers (which includes the 30, 50, 75 and 100 Mbps tiers) more than doubled year over year to 608,000 subscribers.
- The Company continued to make progress with its Wi-Fi initiative; Aggressive deployment in New York City increased total access points to 19,000.
- Time Warner Cable has IntelligentHome available in approximately 80% of its footprint and has 24,000 customers. Second quarter net additions were the strongest since its launch.
- Time Warner Cable announced new versions of its popular TWC TV product for the Roku Streaming Player, Samsung Smart TVs and Microsoft’s Xbox. These new apps are designed to enable customers to enjoy Time Warner Cable’s video product on millions of customer-owned devices.
- The Company completed the operational integration of the former Insight systems in the second quarter.
- Business services reached a milestone in the quarter, delivering backhaul service to more than 10,000 cell towers.
|(in millions; unaudited)||2nd Quarter||Year-to-Date 6/30 (a)|
|Residential services revenue:|
|Total residential services revenue||4,632||4,617||15||0.3||%||9,243||9,050||193||2.1||%|
|Business services revenue:|
|Total business services revenue||565||464||101||21.8||%||1,102||893||209||23.4||%|
|(a)||Revenue for the six months ended June 30, 2013 benefited from two additional months of Insight Communications Company, Inc. revenue, which is discussed further in Note 2 to the accompanying consolidated financial statements.|
- The growth in residential high-speed data revenue was the result of an increase in average revenue per subscriber, primarily due to an increase in equipment rental charges and a greater percentage of subscribers purchasing higher-priced tiers of service, as well as growth in high-speed data subscribers.
- Residential video revenue decreased driven by declines in video subscribers and transactional video-on-demand revenue, partially offset by price increases and a greater percentage of subscribers purchasing higher-priced tiers of service.
- Residential voice revenue decreased due to a decline in average revenue per subscriber and lower voice subscribers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV