- Reported diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $1.14 as well as adjusted EPS of $1.14, a 35.7% increase in reported EPS, a 70.1% increase in adjusted EPS, and a 50.7% increase in adjusted EPS normalizing for the impact of the 2013 short line tax credit. (1)
- Total operating revenues increased 84.3% to $400.7 million.
- Combined Company same railroad adjusted operating revenues increased 10.0%. (2)
- To provide comparative context for 2013 consolidated revenues and traffic volumes, G&W is providing “Combined Company” comparisons as though the RailAmerica railroads were owned by G&W during 2012. In doing so, G&W has reclassified RailAmerica’s 2012 information to conform with G&W’s presentation.
- Same railroad operating revenues and traffic exclude the revenues and traffic of railroads that were not owned or operated by either G&W or RailAmerica for the full comparable periods.
- Adjusted income from operations increased 103.2% to $107.6 million; Reported operating income of $107.4 million. (3)
- Adjusted operating ratio improved 250 basis points to 73.2% (adjusted primarily to exclude RailAmerica integration costs and net gain on the sale of assets); Reported operating ratio of 73.2% (74.1% North American & European Operations; 69.7% Australian Operations). (3)
Genesee & Wyoming Reports Results For The Second Quarter Of 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.