LONDON, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Starwood Property Trust (NYSE: STWD) subsidiary Hatfield Philips International Limited (the "Company"), one of Europe's largest primary and special servicers with approximately £18.5 billion assets under management, today announced that Fitch Ratings upgraded its Special Servicer rating to 'CSS2' from 'CSS2-' and affirmed its Primary Servicer rating at 'CPS2'. With the upgrade, Hatfield is among the highest rated Special Servicers in the United Kingdom.
"Fitch's upgrade is a strong affirmation of our continuous efforts to enhance operational capabilities as well as our industry leadership in improving transparency in the marketplace," said Matthias Schlueter, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of Hatfield Philips. "We understand our reputation as one of the most trusted names in European loan servicing is our greatest asset and will continue to invest in areas that allow us to best serve our clients and continue to set the standard for the industry."
In announcing the upgrade of Hatfield's Special Servicer rating Fitch noted the Company's efforts over the past year to further enhance its already robust servicing capabilities. A key initiative recognized by Fitch is Hatfield's consolidation of its primary and special servicing teams into one loan asset management team. The change effectively streamlines the transfer process and creates case ownership by assigning one asset manager responsible for overseeing a loan from boarding to resolution.
Furthermore, Fitch's upgrade acknowledges Hatfield's commitment to providing maximum transparency and commends its comprehensive and detailed communication with investors on performing and non-performing loans. Fitch also credited the Company's efforts to develop an online portal that will enable investors to access comprehensive data and information on all loans that are currently in Special Servicing with Hatfield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV