LONDON, SINGAPORE and NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), a global provider of online trading services, announced today the appointment of Peter Cronin as Managing Director and Head of EMEA GTX Sales. Peter Cronin will be responsible for growing GTX, GAIN Capital's institutional business, in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He will report directly to Executive Vice President and Head of GTX, Joseph Wald, and will begin his new role in GTX's London offices starting August 5 th.
"Peter is an accomplished and talented banking professional who is moving to the FX ECN business at a time when the global foreign exchange industry is undergoing many exciting changes," said GAIN Capital Executive Vice President and Head of GTX, Joseph Wald. At GTX, Peter Cronin will specifically be responsible for growing the institutional client base and ECN volumes, and building out the EMEA sales team.
Previously, Mr. Cronin was Head of EMEA e-Commerce at UBS Investment Bank, where he managed a 16-person sales team situated in Zurich, Lugano, Dubai and the United Kingdom. Mr. Cronin joined UBS in 2000, and during his 13 years tenure held senior roles focused on developing the bank's e-Commerce business."I'm proud to be joining one of the fastest growing FX ECNs in the industry," said Peter Cronin. "GTX is focused on creating and sustaining a balanced marketplace for FX trading where market participants can obtain quality executions and reap other benefits from the company's next-generation liquidity management technologies. I look forward to expanding the GTX business in Europe, and will draw upon my previous accomplishments in fulfilling this mandate." On July 16 th, GTX reported average daily institutional volume of $18.4 billion for June 2013, an increase of 10% from May 2013 and 137% from June 2012. About GTX
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV