TICKER SYMBOL (NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS)
MONTREAL, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS) today announced the closing of the previously announced sale of its Ariva business in the United States. The purchaser is privately-held Central National-Gottesman Inc., and the business will be integrated into Lindenmeyr Munroe, a division of Central National-Gottesman.
Ariva's Canadian operations are not affected by the transaction and will
be consolidated into Domtar's Pulp and Paper Division.
About Domtar Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS) designs, manufactures, markets and distributes a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication papers, specialty and packaging papers and absorbent hygiene products. The foundation of its business is a network of world class wood fiber converting assets that produce papergrade, fluff and specialty pulps. The majority of its pulp production is consumed internally to manufacture paper and consumer products. Domtar is the largest integrated marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America with recognized brands such as Cougar ®, Lynx ® Opaque Ultra, Husky ® Opaque Offset, First Choice ® and Domtar EarthChoice ®. Domtar is also a leading marketer and producer of a complete line of incontinence care products marketed primarily under the Attends ® brand name as well as baby diapers. In 2012, Domtar had sales of US$5.5 billion from some 50 countries. The Company employs approximately 9,500 people. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
SOURCE Domtar Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV