With the cutting of ceremonial ribbons, TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) associates today officially marked the opening of the company’s new Omaha headquarters office tower. Built to stringent sustainability standards, the 12-story facility anchors a corporate campus of four buildings that is now the home for approximately 2,000 TD Ameritrade associates once located throughout the Omaha (Neb.) metropolitan area.
TD Ameritrade's new Corporate Headquarters in Omaha, Neb. Photo by Bob Ervin, www.ervinphoto.com.
“Three years ago we broke ground, in the middle of our home town of Omaha, Nebraska, promising a better experience for our associates,” said Fred Tomczyk, TD Ameritrade president and chief executive officer. “And today we have a facility that blends the technology, sustainable design and amenities that today’s professionals are looking for. We have a first-rate working environment that will attract and retain top talent and make us a more productive, innovative and collaborative company, and we are grateful to the city of Omaha and our many other partners that helped make it happen.”
The new tower encompasses 530,000 square feet and capacity for approximately 1,800 Associates. It also makes use of the latest technology and construction techniques to use 50 percent less energy than buildings of similar size and age. Additional sustainability features include:
- 5,000 lighting control sensors to harvest daylight
- 4 wind turbines to power parking structure lighting; capacity for 20 more
- Glass “frit” lamination between exterior glass panels to filter sunlight and reduce heat inside the building
- Rain water harvesting to flush toilets and irrigate site
- Solar thermal arrays to heat hot water and preheat boiler water
- 3 redundant generators with capacity to power building for 3 days
- 50% of building materials made from recycled materials
- 5 electric car charging stations and priority parking for low-emission vehicles
- A “green” pavilion roof with vegetation and meeting space
- Bike lockers for pedaling commuters
- 50 percent more green space than required by local zoning
Over the last five years TD Ameritrade has increased its efforts to be a more environmentally-conscious company, utilizing sustainable design when it can to improve the efficiency of its facilities across the United States and to reduce its carbon footprint. Today, approximately 20 percent of the company’s facilities are LEED® certified or pending certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. The new office tower is on-track to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification, the highest level available. If successful it will be the ninth largest new construction Platinum building in the country.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts