Alliance HealthCare Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:AIQ) (the “Company” or “Alliance”), a leading national provider of outpatient diagnostic imaging and radiation therapy services, announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Excluding the impact of rent expense from our fourth quarter 2012 sale/leaseback transaction, second quarter 2013 Adjusted EBITDA increased by 3% over the prior year, representing the fifth consecutive quarter of organic increase in Adjusted EBITDA.
- Also excluding the impact of rent expense from our fourth quarter 2012 sale/leaseback transaction, second quarter 2013 Adjusted EBITDA as a percentage of revenue increased by 3% to 35.5% from 32.7% in the prior year.
- Achieved positive second quarter 2013 revenue gap of +$2.0 million and the revenue gap for the last twelve month period ended June 30, 2013 is now neutral, an indicator of revenue stability and a pathway to growth in the future.
- Generated net income per share of $0.23, after excluding loss on extinguishment of debt, impairment charges, restructuring and transaction costs, and differences in the GAAP income tax rate compared to our historical income tax rate. Earnings per share in accordance with GAAP was ($1.22) per share.
- Continued to generate strong cash flow, with $48.3 million reduction in net debt in the last twelve month period, after adjusting for fees paid in connection with debt refinancing and proceeds related to the sale/leaseback transaction.
- Paid down $126 million of total debt over the last seven quarters, and decreased our total leverage by 0.5x to 3.70x for the last twelve months ended June 30, 2013 from 4.21x in the last twelve month period a year ago.
- Completed a refinance of our term loan debt and a partial call of our senior notes, which will save the Company $12 million in cash interest expense annually and approximately $7 million in 2013.
“We are very pleased to report positive second quarter results that were in line with our expectations. Over the past several quarters, we have been very proactive and successful in generating cash flow, paying down our debt and managing our leverage. This success continued into the second quarter, as we maintained a high level of cash flows and completed the refinancing of our credit agreement and debt structure,” stated Larry C. Buckelew, Chairman of the Board and interim Chief Executive Officer. “As we move to the second half of 2013, we will continue to focus on driving long-term growth and profitability. As such, increased efforts to improve the quality of our customer portfolio will continue to impact our revenue over the course of the year. Despite this near-term pruning of select low margin revenue streams, we remain confident that our long-term strategy of aligning the Company and our services with our hospital partners will position Alliance for meaningful growth and value creation.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV