Year to date, the Company has produced $818 million in cash flow from operations and invested $377 million in capital expenditures, of which $226 million related to new stores. This resulted in free cash flow of $441 million. In addition, the Company has paid $471 million in quarterly and special dividends to shareholders and repurchased $88 million of common stock.
The following table shows the Company's results for the fiscal year for certain line items compared to its historical three-year ranges and averages. Sales growth for fiscal year 2012 is adjusted to be on a 52-to-52 week basis.
|Comparable store sales growth||7.1%||8.7%||8.1%||7.2%|
|Identical store sales growth||6.5%||8.4%||7.8%||6.9%|
|Ending square footage growth||5.3%||7.6%||6.4%||7.1%|
|Percent of sales from new & relocated stores||4.2%||5.8%||5.1%||5.6%|
|Direct store expenses||25.5%||26.4%||25.9%||25.4%|
Growth and Development
The Company opened four stores in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, the Company has opened four stores so far and expects to open eight additional stores. The Company currently has 355 stores open totaling approximately 13.5 million square feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV