Trulia, Inc. (NYSE: TRLA), a leading online marketplace for homebuyers, sellers, renters and real estate professionals, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
“Driven by product innovation and strong sales force execution, we achieved another record quarter of revenue and subscriber growth,” said Pete Flint, Chief Executive Officer of Trulia. “In addition, our proposed acquisition of Market Leader will strengthen our position as a leading platform for consumers and professionals, with approximately 50,000 premium subscribers.”
- Total revenue for the second quarter of 2013 was $29.7 million, an increase of 77% year-over-year.
- Marketplace revenue of $20.9 million, up 89% year-over-year.
- Media Revenue of $8.8 million, up 52% year-over-year.
- Net loss attributable to common stockholders for the quarter was $2.4 million, or $0.07 per share on a basic and diluted basis, compared with $3.4 million, or $0.49 per share on a basic and diluted basis, in the second quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was $3.4 million, compared with -$1.8 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted net income attributable to common stockholders for the quarter was $1.6 million, or $0.05 per share on a basic and diluted basis, compared with an adjusted net loss of $2.9 million, or $0.41 per share on a basic and diluted basis, in the second quarter of 2012.
- Entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Market Leader, Inc. (NASDAQ: LEDR, “Market Leader”), a provider of Software as a Service-based customer relationship management software for the real estate sector, for approximately $355 million or an implied price of $11.33 per share (based on Trulia’s closing share price on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, the date the parties entered into the definitive agreement).
Key Business Metrics
- Monthly unique visitors in the quarter were 34.9 million, an increase of 49% from 23.5 million in the same period last year.
- Mobile monthly unique visitors in the quarter were 13.0 million, an increase of 100% from 6.5 million in the same period last year.
- Total subscribers at the end of the quarter were 32,123, a 49% increase from 21,544, in the same period last year.
- Average monthly revenue per subscriber for the quarter was $194, a 31% increase from $148 in the same period last year.
- New contributions to user-generated content totaled approximately 1.1 million during the quarter, a 44% increase from approximately 768,000 in the same period last year. As of June 30, 2013, this amounted to a cumulative total of more than 9 million contributions to user-generated content.
- Enhanced Mapping Tools: Trulia released interactive map visualizations that show even more comprehensive information for house hunters to provide insight on the best place to live. Building on Trulia’s robust suite of interactive visualizations, which already feature home values, crime, school rankings, commute times and local amenities, Trulia now enables consumers to view historical earthquake and flood data, allowing them to assess the risk of these natural disasters on a block-by-block level. Trulia’s map visualizations are now also fully integrated into its mobile offerings.
- Continued Momentum in Rentals: Trulia launched its first dedicated iPad rentals application, providing a mobile offering customized to the needs of its rapidly growing rentals audience. With the universal app optimized for iPad, renters can access Trulia’s popular heat maps for rental prices, nearby amenities, schools, crime, commute, and historical natural disasters to find the perfect place to live. Trulia also introduced a new map dedicated to rentals that visualizes rental cost-per-bedroom in cities across America. This new feature lets renters easily pinpoint neighborhoods that are within their desired price range.
- RE/MAX Agreement: Trulia announced a marketing agreement with RE/MAX, one of the leading real estate franchise companies, which has a global reach of 90,000 associates in more than 90 countries. Under the new agreement, RE/MAX agents will receive premium branded agent profiles, a custom training curriculum and valuable marketing and advertising products to help them reach mobile consumers, win more listings, and close more deals.
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $30.5 to $31.5 million. This represents 65% to 70% year-over-year growth.
- Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be in the range of $4.0 to $4.5 million. This represents 13% to 14% of revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV