Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) today announced earnings results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013, including the following significant highlights:
- Second quarter earnings per share of $1.06, a 26% increase year-over-year
- Anticipates full year 2013 earnings per common diluted share of between $4.20 and $4.40, compared to its previous full year 2013 earnings guidance of between $3.80 and $4.05
- Rail Group receives orders for 5,000 new railcars during the second quarter, resulting in a backlog of 40,665 units with a value of $5.1 billion
- Inland Barge Group receives orders with a value of $231 million, resulting in a backlog with a value of $564 million
- Leasing Group forms new $1 billion railcar leasing joint venture, RIV 2013
- Company repurchases approximately 1.3 million shares of its common stock during the quarter at a cost of $49.9 million
- Available liquidity at the end of the second quarter in excess of $1.1 billion
Trinity Industries, Inc. reported net income attributable to Trinity stockholders of $84.0 million, or $1.06 per common diluted share, for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. Net income for the same quarter of 2012 was $67.8 million, or $0.84 per common diluted share. Second quarter 2013 results benefitted from a lower effective tax rate of 34.6% compared to 37.1% last year due to tax benefits resulting from domestic production activities and the tax treatment of the Company's noncontrolling interests.
Revenues for the second quarter of 2013 increased 7% to $1.1 billion compared to revenues of $995.5 million for the same quarter of 2012. The Company reported an operating profit of $183.4 million in the second quarter of 2013, a 20% increase compared to an operating profit of $152.5 million for the same quarter last year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts