ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced its financial results for its second quarter of 2013.
Second quarter 2013 results:
- Revenues of $102.2 million, an increase of 80% compared to the second quarter of 2012, and an increase of 19% from the first quarter of 2013.
- A GAAP net loss for the quarter of $21.4 million, or a loss of $0.16 per basic and diluted share, compared to a GAAP net loss of $8.7 million, or a loss of $0.32 per basic and diluted share, in the second quarter of 2012.
- A non-GAAP net loss for the quarter of $7.8 million, or a loss of $0.06 per basic and diluted share, compared to a non-GAAP net loss of $1.6 million, or a loss of $0.06 per basic and diluted share, in the second quarter of 2012 (see the table entitled “Results of Operations GAAP to Non-GAAP Reconciliation” for a reconciliation of these GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures).
- Deferred revenue of $210.0 million, an 8% increase over the $194.8 million reported at the end of the prior quarter.
- Billings were $117.5 million, a 6% increase over the $110.3 million reported in the previous quarter and a 63% increase over the $72.1 million in the same period last year (see the table entitled “Non-GAAP Billings Reconciliation” for a reconciliation of non-GAAP billings to GAAP revenues).
“In the second quarter we added 138 new customers, bringing our cumulative customer count to 1,778 worldwide, achieved a customer renewal rate of 94.2%, and continued to penetrate our installed base with upsells comprising 25% of our total annual contract value signed during the quarter,” said Frank Slootman, president and chief executive officer, ServiceNow. “We also hosted nearly 4,000 attendees at our annual user conference, Knowledge, and announced several key product innovations.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV