NEW YORK, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The New York Department of Financial Services has approved the acquisition of Sun Life Insurance and Annuity Company of New York, a unit of Sun Life Financial Inc. (NYSE:SLF, TSX:SLF), by Delaware Life Holdings LLC.
Delaware Life Holdings LLC is owned by a private ownership group, which includes certain shareholders of Guggenheim Partners.
"We are pleased that the NYDFS has approved the transaction," a spokesperson for Delaware Life, said. "We have cooperated with the department as they carried out their regulatory duties to review our application, had a good experience working with them, and look forward to working with the agency in the future in the same constructive fashion as we have in the past."
The transaction is expected to close on Aug. 2.SOURCE Delaware Life Holdings LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV