US Mine Fatalities Down Slightly From 2012
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) â¿¿ Federal mine safety regulators say 18 miners have been killed on the job nationwide so far this year.
That's down slightly from 19 fatalities through the first half of 2012.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration said Wednesday that this year's fatalities include nine in coal mining and nine in metal and nonmetal mining accidents. One miner in each industry was a contractor.
MSHA director Joe Main says the fatalities have one recurring element. They were preventable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV