NEW YORK TheStreet
Move over tablets, "wearable tech" is buzzing in the tech world right now. The latest computers don't require you to lift a finger. People are getting tired of looking at their phones countless times a day, so technology is making it so you don't have to. Leave that phone in your bag.
The rise of mobile phones caused many to stop wearing watches. Now "smart watches" are incorporating smartphone features for your wrist. One of the first of its kind, the Pebble watch launched a fundraising campaign on Kickstarter with resounding success. Now Apple (AAPL) is rumored to be creating its own "iWatch."
And then, of course, there are fitness gadgets that help you track activity. The latest devices also monitor sleeping habits and promote healthy eating. It's all about the "quantified self" these days, venture capitalists tell me. At least that's where the money's heading.From glasses to gizmos, TheStreet took a look at the cutting edge "wearables." Here are some to watch for.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV