Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:38 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Chesapeake Energy (CHK) has curbed its excessive spending habits, according to Cramer. He says the stock can go much higher. CHK gushed 7.1% higher at $24.95.
RR Donnelley & Sons (RRD) was downgraded, but Cramer says the call is premature, citing the company's latest strong quarterly earnings results. RRD closed down nearly 1% at $18.85.Cramer said Concho Resources (CXO) should trade much higher due to the high acreage the company has in the Permian Basin, one of the premier oil and gas producing areas of the country. CXO jumped 6.1% to $95.12. MGM Resorts International (MGM) posted 20% revenue growth in Macau, China, in a country that's supposedly slowing. Cramer added the stock is a good speculation play. MGM ended the day 3.3% higher at $16.85. Cramer said a lot of analysts are against American Tower (AMT), but not Raymond James, who upgraded the stock to buy. AMT was up nearly 1% at $71.28. Vulcan Materials (VMC) is a great tell of residential housing, Cramer said. With "residential housing coming back big, Vulcan is coming back big," he added. VMC closed at $49.68, up 5.3%. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV