Avnet Technology Solutions, the global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), will host more than 200 channel partners at Compass - Avnet’s IBM Executive Directions event. The annual conference will be held August 11-14, 2013, at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country in San Antonio, Texas. The event will provide Avnet’s IBM business partners with insight into the strategies and trends needed to grow their businesses through solutions-driven market opportunities. Compass - Avnet’s IBM Executive Directions will also highlight sales opportunities for specific technologies including big data/business analytics, cloud computing, converged technology, mobility, software, and storage solutions.
Compass is structured to help business partners identify opportunities for growth through new markets, innovative approaches to solution selling, and winning business strategies. In particular, the event will provide Avnet’s partners with ways to strengthen their roles as trusted advisors while capitalizing on trends in enterprise computing, services and data center technologies. The conference will feature market trend presentations from IDC analysts Stacy Crook, Al Gillen, Rick Villars and Dan Vesset; as well as sessions on specific solutions and programs with Avnet and IBM executives. Event highlights include:
- Avnet Technology Solutions global president Phil Gallagher will participate on a panel and discuss Avnet’s strategies and capabilities, Avnet’s partnership with IBM, and the critical importance of partners in the technology ecosystem.
- Steve Mills, senior vice president and group executive, IBM Software and Systems, will provide his perspective on market opportunities, IBM's brand strategies, the opportunity and the role of channel, and skills partners need for future growth.
- Mark Hennessy, general manager, IBM Global Business Partners and Mid-Market, will provide updates and directions on IBM channels, and discuss opportunities and practical ways for partners to grow their business to take advantage of new and growing market opportunities.
“Compass, Avnet’s annual IBM event, provides our partners with a forum where they can learn about not only the challenges facing our industry, but also opportunities for generating profitable growth through new solutions, services and approaches to the market,” said Fred Cuen, general manager and senior vice president, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, IBM Solutions Group. “The event combines strategic thinking and practical solutions to help our partners align their businesses with the trends in the market. It also gives our partners the opportunity to network with key industry executives and learn about successful strategies.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV