MasterCard (NYSE: MA) today noted the growing impact of its partnerships with governments and telecommunications companies to increase financial inclusion.
“I am pleased to report that our financial inclusion initiatives are having a meaningful impact,” said Ajay Banga, MasterCard president and CEO. “This year alone, we have launched nine programs in tandem with government entities and other partners in emerging markets which are designed to bring much needed financial access, convenience and security to more than 350 million people globally who previously would not have had access to financial products.”
Leveraging technology such as mobile, prepaid and biometrics, these initiatives aim to provide the tools to offer safety and security and replace the inefficiencies of cash among the unbanked in developing countries.
Visit our Cashless Conversations blog for more details on our recent 2013 programs and join in the conversation.About MasterCard MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV