BALTIMORE, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Petroleum & Resources Corporation named James P. Haynie as Executive Vice President and a member of the portfolio management team for the Fund. The Fund also announced the resignation of David D. Weaver.
Mr. Haynie comes to the Fund from the global investment management firm BNP Paribas Investment Partners, where he most recently served as Chief Investment Officer, U.S. Equities, and as a Senior Portfolio Manager. He and Mark Stoeckle, Petroleum & Resources' Chief Executive Officer, have worked closely together for many years, including the last 8 years at BNP Paribas Investment Partners before Mr. Stoeckle joined the Fund.
Mr. Haynie has over 27 years of experience in financial services and asset management. Prior to joining BNP Paribas Investment Partners, he co-founded a long/short market-neutral equity fund. He also has served in portfolio management roles for Colonial Management Associates and Trinity Investment Management, both in the Boston area. Earlier in his career, Mr. Haynie worked at Chemical Bank in New York City.
"We are extremely pleased to welcome Jim Haynie as an Executive Vice President and member of our portfolio management team. I have worked with Jim since 1996 and know him to be an outstanding analyst and portfolio manager. We share the same investment philosophy, which includes a focus on risk management. I know he will be an excellent addition to our portfolio management team and will help build on our storied 83-year track record of returns to our shareholders," said Mr. Stoeckle.A graduate of Colorado College, Mr. Haynie earned an MBA in Finance from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst. Mr. Haynie is expected to assume his duties in mid-August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV