4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: VCI, GOV, RCI, O
Rogers Communications (NYSE: RCI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Rogers Communications Inc. operates as a communications and media company in Canada. The company's Wireless segment offers voice and high-speed data services, as well mobile devices and accessories. It markets its products and services under the Rogers, Fido, and chatr brands. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.94. The average volume for Rogers Communications has been 630,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rogers Communications has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are down 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Rogers Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RCI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS has improved earnings per share by 20.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS increased its bottom line by earning $3.30 versus $2.88 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry average. The net income increased by 33.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $400.00 million to $532.00 million.
- 40.63% is the gross profit margin for ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS which we consider to be strong. Regardless of RCI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.56% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, RCI has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Rogers Communications Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV