Cigna (NYSE: CI) has named Scott Evelyn as president and general manager for the company’s Tri-State market, which includes New York, New Jersey and a small portion of southwestern Connecticut, effective Sept. 1. Evelyn now serves as Cigna's president and general manager for Florida, a position he has held for more than four years. Prior to that, he held the same title for the company’s Georgia and Alabama markets.
His responsibilities will include enhancing customer satisfaction through personalized service and helping to improve quality of care by working in collaboration with area heath care professionals. They will also include ensuring that Cigna's product and network offerings meet the evolving needs of the marketplace, assisting clients to improve the health and productivity of their workforces, and leading Cigna's efforts to serve the community. Evelyn will be based at Cigna's offices in Manhattan.
“Scott is a strong and dynamic leader with a proven track record in Florida and other markets that will serve us well in the Tri-State area,” said Tom Martel, president, Northeast region for Cigna. “He brings extensive industry experience and a laser-like focus on meeting client and customer needs that will help us deliver on our mission to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people and communities we serve.”
Evelyn had more than 20 years of wide-ranging leadership experience prior to joining Cigna in 2008. In 1997 he co-founded the Benefit Management Group (BMG) in South Florida and served as CEO until its acquisition by Arthur J. Gallagher in 2006. Upon the acquisition, he remained engaged and served as the organization’s area executive vice president.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV