Conversely, Time Warner Cable investors would like to see pay-TV providers having some success in pushing back against the likes of a CBS. The failure to do so could accelerate consolidation among pay-TV companies. Time Warner Cable reports its second-quarter earnings on Thursday before the start of regular trading.
Moonves took a stab at Aereo, the upstart online company that is streaming over-the-air network television, calling the service "illegal." "We don't think it is catching on at all," he said.
Written by Leon Lazaroff in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: LeonLazaroff.>.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV