PARK RIDGE, N.J.
July 31, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- The
), the world's largest general use
brand, earned top honors with three separate awards programs in the car rental industry. For the second consecutive year in a row, and 16th time overall, Hertz was honored with the
Travel + Leisure
2013 World's Best Award as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also selected as the Best Car Rental Agency worldwide in the 2013
Frequent Business Traveler
GlobeRunner Awards and was additionally awarded
Leading Edge awards in Best Rental Car Company Vehicle Selection, Customer Service and Loyalty Program, also taking the Editor's Pick for innovation in the industry.
"It is an honor to be recognized by such highly accredited publications and frequent travelers," commented
, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Hertz. "These awards show the commitment and passion Hertz strives towards to help consumers achieve the best travel experience possible, not only in the U.S. but worldwide, through the innovative technology offered by Hertz."
Travel + Leisure
reader-based World's Best Awards survey honored Hertz as a top car rental agency for the 16th time. The survey is the definitive list of preferred hotels, cruise lines, airlines, car-rental agencies, outfitters, cities and islands, as voted by its well-travelled readers. The results can be found in the August issue and online at
Hertz was also recognized as the Best Rental Car Agency Worldwide in the 2013
Frequent Business Traveler
GlobeRunner Awards. Its readers, who are among the world's most experienced and savvy international travelers, voted for top choice among airlines, hotels, airports and other travel providers. Additional winners can be found at
Hertz also won a number of
Leading Edge awards including: Best Rental Car Company Vehicle Selection, Best Rental Car Company Customer Service and Best Rental Car Company Loyalty Program. In addition to these awards, Hertz received an "Editor's Pick" for its outstanding innovations, most notably Hertz Carfirmations, E-Return and Hertz ExpressRent Kiosks, all of which enable consumers to "Travel at the Speed of Hertz."
Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. "Traveling at the Speed of Hertz" offers a variety of unique customer enhancements, which include:
- Carfirmation: A mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirms a Gold customer's reservation, advises of their car, and its location at the Hertz facility.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Hertz Carfirmations also shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer's receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
- Hertz 24/7 Mobile App: Customers have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in
. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in
. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of
Travel + Leisure's
World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation