NEW YORK, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) today announced the promotion of Karim Mawji to the newly created position of Senior Vice President of Digital Platform for its Music & Entertainment Ad Sales group. Most recently, he served as Vice President of Digital Ad Sales for the Nickelodeon Group. Based in Los Angeles, Mawji will report directly to Jeff Lucas, Head of Sales for Music and Entertainment at Viacom.
In his new role, Mawji will provide the critical strategic connection between Viacom's Music and Entertainment Ad Sales group and the digital portfolio it supports, which includes the web, app, mobile and social properties of CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV, MTV2, mtvU, SPIKE, TV Land, VH1, VH1 Classic and Palladia. Mawji will work closely with digital leadership to drive sales strategy that aligns with digital product and editorial initiatives at each brand. Viacom's U.S. web portfolio attracted 72.4 million unique visitors in May* and the company's brands are among the most social in entertainment."The power of Viacom's portfolio increasingly extends further and further beyond the TV screen, across the our rich interactive experiences on the web, mobile and apps, and our millions of fans and followers on social," said Lucas. "Karim will run point on ensuring that our client solutions draw on our digital scale, product development, and targeting capabilities to make strong connections with consumers." Mawji will foster collaboration among Ad Sales, Integrated Marketing, Digital – as well as specialized units including Viacom's Digital Fusion ad product R&D team and its Data Management Platform – to leverage the company's digital capabilities and scale for clients. He'll also work to develop and leverage the company's strategic sales alliances with Twitter, zeebox and other partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV