- Overall, there were 281 PIPEs worth $13.6 billion that were announced or completed during the second quarter, compared with 264 transactions that raised $12.6 billion in the year-earlier period.
- IPO activity almost doubled in the second quarter with 61 U.S.-listed deals raising $14.6 billion. That compared with only 34 IPOs raising $23.3 billion a year ago. The year-ago figures included Facebook Inc.'s $16 billion initial share sale.
- The second quarter saw resurgence in the moribund market for SPACs with one SPAC filing for an IPO and two completing IPOs. There were no IPOs by SPACs in the year-earlier quarter.
- There were 27 reverse mergers in the second quarter, where private companies went public by merging with U.S.-registered shell companies.
The Deal Reports Small-Cap Equity Financing Mounts $1 Billion Second Quarter Surge; PIPEs, IPOs, Follow-Ons Make Gains In Up Market
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.